Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shopping in the land of the Kamasutra*

This weekend, I bonded with my mother over a retail therapy session. Which is newspaper lingo for 'I went shopping with my mother'. (Methinks these days, you can't just have an outing, or have fun - it's always bonding time, and bonding over food, bonding with family, bonding with friends...; and there's no shopping, only retail therapy - my! why do we need to have special terms for even the simplest of things? Anyway, that's another rant.)

And so, I go to this place, and what do I see? Half a mannequin. Picture a hanging corpse shown in the movies. Then cut the top half. Attach a hook to the remaining half, and hang it from the roof. Yes. Right. That just about  the sales tactics of the shop.

Move a bit forward, and you find these really scary looking mannequins, some of which reminded me of something I came across on Yahoo, about a doctor who used to inject cement. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're welcome to google it. I'm sure you're capable of doing that, if you've managed to read this far.

Next comes the clincher, with a novel way of using tennis balls. (I had a dispute with mom over that - I claimed they were sponge ones, she said they were tennis ones, the dispute is still unsettled) Yes, as you've guessed by now, tennis balls. strategically placed in lingerie. As used in some movies (which I had the misfortune of watching owing to just being there at the time). A real eye-sore. The less said about it, the better.

I think I'll sign off now, as I need some effort to get the image out of my mind...

(* - Is that one word? Or two? It sounded like a good title when I saved it in my drafts, but now, am too lazy to change it. Not to mention that I can't think of anything even remotely good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment