Friday, May 4, 2012

Post-show reflections

Just got back after watching the show by A & band :)

As they were scheduled to start at 6, A told me I could come a bit after 6. But as I was not in the best frame of mind to study, and as I had a few chapters of a book left, I went there around 5:40 P.M., and was one of the first people there. They were still tuning their instruments, and A was not even on the stage. We spent a few minutes discussing our friends, and drum kits :) A short while later, another of his friends came, and I returned to my book.

When the tuning was complete, there were refreshments, and I took up A's offer of a cup of chai. A few more minutes of talking of certain 'relevant' issues, A had to rejoin his friends, and I continued with my reading.

My friend AJ also turned up, and after the usual few minutes of talk, the show finally began. By then, it was around 6:45, as predicted. (I ended up missing the previous concert as it hadn't started by 7:10 despite being scheduled for 6...)

As usual, watching the drum kit took up most of my attention, with the guitarists and singer providing relief in between :)

The thing that struck me most was the way they were obviously enjoying themselves on stage. It was really good to see so many smiling faces. (I think the one moment a smile left A's face, probably to give his muscles a rest, his friend went up to him, and voila, the smile was back! )

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had a great evening. And decided that I should get a drum kit for myself at the earliest :)

That's all for now :)

(P.S. There was someone wearing a FCB jersey, and I was pleased to see that AJ had turned up in white and blue like a Madridista :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment