Monday, June 27, 2011

An evening to remember

Where do weekends go? This question always comes to haunt me every Sunday evening and Monday morning. Each week I tell myself that I will work really hard and study over the weekend, but the results are always the same - weekends just melt away... My mornings - sleep for just one minute more, just twooooooo minutes more, round time 6:30, yes,i know, just getting up.... and now, my weekends seem to be going the same way

Anyway, Monday's almost over, so I'm putting the Mystery of the Vanishing Weekends on hold.... It's almost sure of being taken up again a week from now :)

So, what is the point of all this rigmarole, you may ask. I just wanted to write down about my day today, more specifically the evening. And as usual, I ended up rambling. (I'm glad to be able to justify my blog's title by invariably rambling along every single time :) )

Ah, so where was I? Oh yes, the point. Lets come to it.

This evening, I finally managed two things I'd been planning for quite a while - meeting my friend and enquiring about guitar classes. And it was a case of "one stone, two mangoes"*

I invited PM for coffee, and thought that since I was anyway going there, I'd check out the music classes as well...

Now, my friend PM, has been playing the guitar for quite a long time, so I thought it'd be a good idea if I could get his opinion of the place too.

And so, I arrived punctually at 6:30 , after some desperate cycling (made all the more dangerous as I wasn't sure whether to look at the road and try not to hit anyone (after all, I'm accident-prone even on a bicycle!!!) or to stop and watch the football match in progress); and cursing the sudden lack of buses and autos. Only to find that he was already there. I was feeling bad for having made him wait, but he told me he'd come early. :)

A cup of coffee and an hour of conversation - that is something, if you ask me.

Well, I'd tell you more about him, but then, I don't ever want to sound like I'm putting someone on a pedestal and worshipping them - I realized I end up sounding that way when I really let myself go. Not that he wouldn't justify my description, but I do end up getting carried away. And losing one friend that way is enough for a lifetime.

But, to be fair to him, I'll mention the one thing that I always associate him with - travel. I remember the first time we chatted - it'd been ages since we'd last met, and I'd spoken hardly ten lines to him. It was by chance that we were both online at the same time, and it was his status message that got the conversation going. He'd mentioned a backpacking trip to Chile, I told him Peru should also be on the list.

And that was it - since then, I've gotten to know him better, and his friendliness is something I really like. With travel and languages to discuss, conversations flowed. And then there was music, yet another topic of discussion.

To cut a long story short, I really enjoyed the evening. Except for his refusal to let me pay. :( Maybe next time, he'll let me...

Coming back to dinner-and-chai with friends just extended the pleasantness of the evening.

And now, with peace in my heart and a song on my lips (hopefully, soon I should be able to say, song on my fingertips!!!), I now go to attack my work.

Peace!

*- a literal translation of a Tamil phrase, which is roughly the same as hitting two birds with one stone.


(Apologies yet again for such a soppy title - I think I should seriously post a disclaimer that good titles are not to be expected, and any that happened to be good were purely due to sheer good luck...)



No comments:

Post a Comment