Friday, December 20, 2013

Half an update...

I've been having fun with SM of late. She has long since accepted the fact that I tend to get lost in my world every so often & that I often ramble on with stories that don't have a 'point'...

Anyway, there's a conference going on in my department. So, there are plenty of new faces around here for a while. SM introduced me to a certain S (let's call him S* for now) (that's one of the good things about SM - she meets & talk to a lot of interesting people & even introduces me to them ;) ).

And so it turns out that S* is here for a project & not to attend the conference (though like all sincere students, he has been attending quite a few talks). SM introduced us & was kind enough to do some PR for me and mention that I was 'very smart'. (Thanks, SM!). And I ended up trying to explain to S* what I was working on until our conversation got interrupted (and never to be resumed!)

Last night at dinner, SM suddenly asked S* why he wasn't talking to me :) (SM does that to people - I'm not exactly the most engaging conversationalist in the world, & I prefer listening to people, & last night, especially, I was really enjoying the conversation between SM & S* -  with the end result that I'm usually like an observer rather than part of groups, especially at meal times...) S* apparently gave her a very good response. (I'd call it 'diplomatic' :P )

Oh, I seem to have forgotten why I started writing this and what more I was going to say , so I guess I'll stop now...

No comments:

Post a Comment