Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This is what you get when you ask me to write when I don't have anything to write about

SM just came to me and asked me why I haven't written anything today. I'd been listening to "Comfortably numb" and it took me a moment to register that someone was talking to me and had asked me something.

Well, if you ask me, I think there are a couple of things that you have to check before you expect me to write something. For starters, you should check whether I'm actually awake, and aware of the fact. I woke up at around 6:15 A.M. this morning, and it suddenly occurred to me to wonder if I'm awake or asleep.

The other thing you need to check is whether I've eaten :) Talk to my friend L, and she'll tell you what happens when you try talking to me before I've eaten - I've bitten her head so much that nowadays when she calls, the first thing she asks is whether I've eaten.

Anyway, I think I'm somewhat awake, plus I've had my breakfast. So maybe you could expect me to write something. Right? NO! I'm not a machine ("You shook me all night long" suddenly starts playing in my head). And I need something to write about, and maybe some time to string my thoughts together.

But still, since SM asked me ever so politely, the least I can do is jot down something.

So, let me tell you about yesterday. It was a lovely morning - the sun shining, glorious weather and all that. I'd slept in a bit of frustration - my team hadn't scored by the 80th minute, and Italy had already scored before half-time. What with the biscotto reports I'd been reading, the Sportskeeda articles and comics, and watching my team's play, I'd had enough. And so, in the morning I asked my dad to check the news, and when he confirmed that my team had gotten through, the day seemed off to a good start.

Having missed my university bus due to certain circumstances, I got into another bus and got a window seat. I happily started listening to music, and brought out my paper to do the cryptic crossword (which I've started doing of late). There was a lovely breeze, and all was well with the world.

As I like being like this :

Or maybe, I look like this :

But no matter which one I resemble more, at the end of the ride, I resemble this :

But I digress. So what?

Anyway, I was telling you about yesterday.

So, as I sat in the bus, I got an SMS from PM. It made me smile. I replied, and we ended up having a quite longish conversation until I reached my lab. The conversation continued after a break, and ended only at night :)

And it looked like I had competition - I thought I was the only one saying M&B-type lines, and suddenly, there was PM using the phrase "running from myself". I have to admit I was non-plussed for a moment, and I resented the competition. But, thankfully, it proved to be a one-off thing and I retain my title of being the entertainer-supreme :P

Sometime last evening, we decided to go somewhere, in order not to waste any good weather that came our way. But, due to certain glitches (in the course of which SM had to make some unnecessary trips owing to her designated position as the Transporter as she was the only one amongst us who possessed a bike - I've lent my cycle to a friend, NW's had a flat tire, and A had already ridden away on his, and I bugged SM totally by harping on the fact that I wanted to go home early, and was not keen on getting drenched in case of a sudden downpour), the plan changed slightly - I came home, and the others went exploring.

I called A to tell him I was on my way home, and the others were on their way (SM had left her mobile in her bag, and NW was busy getting her cycle fixed, so I thought I'd inform A). And he told me it was ok, I could come another time :)

Anyway, I called NW when I was nearing my house, and she told me they'd just come back to the lab due to some rain. I called A as well, and he told me he was home, and once again reminded me that we could all go again another time :)

On reaching home, I got to enjoy some good hot coffee, and watched Astro Boy :) After a spot of studying (accompanied by screaming songs at the top of my voice), I just lay down and pulled up my warm blanket. The moment I closed my eyes, my mother's phone rang.

In the end, I had to go to my granny's place, and the brief walk there had revived me a bit. I thought of watching the matches, and settled down in front of the TV after some anti-ant-attack action, but twenty minutes into the France-Sweden game, I felt a familiar lack of action. Plus my eyelids were growing heavier by the moment, and so, collecting my senses, I got up to turn the TV off before going back to sleep.

And this morning, I finally woke up early, like I was saying. And I finally managed to be on time for my bus. But alas, the bus was late...

Such is life...

(Pictures : Courtesy Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment