Monday, June 18, 2012

The entertainer in me?

Oh, damn!

My friend PM and I were having a text conversation, and in the middle of it, I actually used the phrase "risking our friendship". The moment I'd sent it, I wished that the earth would open up and swallow me (not really, but still...).

Thankfully for me, PM is a good sport, and he let it go. I told him I was sorry for having used a line worthy of a really bad novel, but he laughingly assured me that it was more a bestseller-type line :)

I seem to be an entertainer. Especially when I don't want to be one!

Another random update :

This morning, I came across this chameleon in our department. It was jumping about, trying to scale a glass window. I wanted to help it, but wasn't sure how to go about it.

I was about to call A to ask him about it, then thought maybe I shouldn't be disturbing him yet again on a Monday morning - I'd been calling him too often, what with the Euros happening, and with G away, he was the nearest person I know to actually have some interest in the matches.

Anyway, on the way to the library, I had chai with NR, and we discussed the chameleon, among under things. He told me it'd been there since yesterday. I asked him if we should call A and ask him to do something about it, but NR said that A was in a higher grade - he dealt with snakes, and not these other reptiles :)

When I came back from the library, A was sitting on the stairs, working away. I asked him if he could help the chameleon-in-distress, and he said, "Sure", and came down. He then caught it (it had its mouth open and was ready to bite), and I followed him to the terrace where he carefully put it on a tree.

And so, another new week gets on its way...

No comments:

Post a Comment