Friday, March 13, 2015

Are there any analogies/metaphors left?

I was having a conversation with a friend, and was trying to argue that friendship is a two-way street, with both people needing to put in an effort. I was going to say something like, "It takes two to tango", and something I read on an article about rape came to mind. So much for this phrase.

Later, I was trying to pull MK's legs and trying to convince her about how delicate I indeed was. And again, I couldn't use a suitable expression, what with a woman being compared to a flower. (from : India's daughter and related articles)

Sigh... looks like I can't even use food as a comparison, what with women also being compared to boxes of sweets (same sources as above). (FYI : I do NOT dream of food all the time. Just most of the time... when I'm awake... and some of the time...when I'm asleep :P)

What can I do now? How can one expect a lazy person (me!) to take the effort of thinking up new metaphors? Sigh!

Life is a ______________.*

(You can fill in the blank for me and save me some of my energy :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment